Stornoway Grey Range Rover V8 Sport – Correction Detail
You may remember this vehicle from our previous work. The customer came to us to give him a good base to work from on his recent purchase. After having the Protection detail carried out the customer was delighted, 6 months later after learning more about the trade of detailing the vehicle was back to be corrected of its swirls and defects that had been put in place by the previous owner.
Having full motor trade insurance, we were able to offer this customer a service which is becoming increasingly popular here at AMDetails. Most of our customers have work where they leave the country on rotation. So they have limited time when they are back home and dont want to go 3-4 days with out their vehicle. Here at AMDetails we liase with the customer to try and get the vehicle in 1 week before they return. meaning we can collect and store the vehicle in our fully insured and secure detailing bay. So when the customer arrives they simply come and collect their prepared vehicle. and Enjoy there full time back in the uk.
During this Correction we were also preparing out newly purchased works van – See details here – and preparing for the Nairn Show 2012 – Nairn Blog Post – Sobeing tight for time we didint actually catch alot of photography. but from what we have on the camera this is the write up.
AMDetails Correction Detail
- Wheels cleaned with AMDetails acid free wheel cleaner & fine hair brushes
- Wheels tar and iron deposits removed
- Wheels faces polished With AM Glaze, alloy wheels sealed With AM Wheel Wax, tyres dressed
- Lower area of vehicle given citrus wash to break down road grime
- Door shuts and boot shuts cleaned with AMDetails APC and 1 ” Detailing Brushes
- Whole vehicle snow foamed with AM Foam to loosen and break down dirt deposits
- All the finer details paid attention to with 1 ” Detailing Brushes & AMDetails APC
- 2 bucket method with AM Bubbles & AM Genuine Lamb’s Wool ‘T’ Mitt
- Tar and iron deposits removed
- All paint work and windows clayed to remove further contaminations
- Another application of AM Foam
- Full vehicle rinse paying attention to panel gaps and trims
- Vehicle padded dry with AMDetails Fluffy Drying Towel
- Full paint work assessment carried out with paint depth gauges
- All delicate areas and trims masked up
- Multistage cutting machine polish to remove the defects
- Single stage refining polish to increase depth, gloss and clarity
- Head & tail lights corrected
- IPA wipe down between each stage
- Vehicle washed with AM Foam
- Full vehicle rinse to remove all polishing dust and residue
- Vehicle dired with vehicle drier and Fluffy Drying Towel
- Final IPA wipe down to prepare panels for protection
- Protection applied to vehicle (2 x AM Seal, 1 x AM Wax as standard)
- Exterior trims dressed and protected
- Chromes polished and protected
- Windows cleaned inside and out
- Windscreen polished
- Windscreen treated with our water repellent formula
- Exhaust tip polished
- Final inspection carried out
- Detailing spray wipe down in preparation for customer collection
26+ Hours 3-4 day booking
Range Rovers From £520
So on to the matt.
Then in to easy cleaning mode.
We then have a little look around. Just the usual road grime and Seagull pleasantries.
See told you there were not a lot of images. But i can always get the mandatory AM Foam Shots during its work time.
Once inside it was obvious that we had our work cut out for us. After stripping off all the fillers and protection we had added in its previous protection detail this is the damage.
After a few tester combinations we finally settled and this was the level of correction achieved before refining.
After the Cutting and refining stages were complete the vehicle went back out on to the wash pad to have the polishing dust rinsed off from all gaps and panels. We then brought it back in to be blown dryready for its protection. For this details we had 2 coast of AM Seal our Acrylic based, synthetic paint sealant which, due to its intense gloss abilities, really does help to enhance the deep wet glossy look of silver / white vehicles. After this we also applied a coat of our AM Wax to provide the customer with the water properties they are looking for.
The Range Rover Side Steps and alloys wheels were treated to a coat of AM Glaze and the a coat of AM High Temprature Wheel Wax to protect them against the elements and to make cleaning in the future 100 times simpler.
Some finished snaps
- AM Bubbles
- AM Foam
- AM Glass (Testing)
- AM Glaze
- AM Seal
- AM Tar (Testing)
- AM Wax
- AM Wheel Wax
- AM Wheels
- AMDetails All Purpose Cleaner
- AMDetails Clay Lubricant
- AMDetails Mild Clay Bar
- Autosol Metal Polish
- Meguiars Hot Shine Tyre Dressing
- Scholl S17+
- Scholl S40
- 3M Masking Tape
- AMDetails 1” Detailing & Wheel Brush
- AMDetails 40 x 40 Microfibre cloths
- AMDetails Fluffy Drying Towel
- AMDetails Foam Wax Applicator Pads
- AMDetails Tyre Dressing Applicator
- AMDetails Wheel Brush
- Brinkmann Spot Light
- Cotton Buds
- Halogen Spot Lights (Various)
- Lake County Constant Pressure Pads (Green)
- Lake County Constant Pressure Pads (Orange)
- Milwaukee Rotary Polisher
- Paint Detective – Paint Depth Gauge
- Tooth Picks
Thank you for reading