Porsche 911 Targa – Gtechniq Silver Detail
Next up to AMDetails – Elgin we have a lovely little Porsche 911 – 997 Targa in for a Gtechniq Silver treatment with some extra attention paid in areas. The customer had heard of us through a previous BMW M3 customer. The brief was to bring the whole car back to life while making the finish easier to maintain. After looking at the budget and what was required a Gtechniq Silver Detail + Wheels off Package was selected. Leaving the Porsche a lot glossier and a Gtechniq 3 year warranty. Protecting to last the harshest of Scottish winters.
Gtechniq Silver Treatment
- Paintwork deep cleansed and clayed to remove all surfaces contaminants and waxes.
- Alloy wheels, wheel arches, door, boot and bonnet shuts deep cleansed.
- Full engine detail.
- Paint thickness measured and full blemish report completed.
- Delicate trims protected, washer jets, indicator side repeaters and bolt on badges removed ready for polishing.
- A 2 stage polish of up to 8 hours using P1 Nanocomposite polish and P2 Hologram Remover.
- Paintwork coated with C1 Crystal Lacquer
- All Exterior Trim restored to as new condition using C4 Permanent Trim Restorer
- Carpets vacuumed, interior trim cleaned and coated with C6 Natural Trim
- Fabric or leather seats deep cleaned with w2 Universal Cleaner
- Tyres dressed with T1 Long life Tyre Gel
- Soft Top deep cleaned with W2 Universal Cleaner and protected with I1 Smart Fabric
- Chrome and Stainless buffed to a high gloss finish with M1 All Metal Polish
- Vehicle Inspected using Gtechniq’s 20 Point inspection process
- Total time of treatment 12-20 hours
Additional charges may apply for 4×4 and extra large vehicles.
We could see the car was going to need some attention to the wheels — also plenty evidence of previous work being attempted.
So to start a good soaking in APC to begin the deep cleaning stages for the paintwork.
Then followed the Foam bath.
Wheels were next. We are not looking too shabby after the Foam wash? So the car was popped up with our Jack for easier access and washing.
This saves on having to make a massive mess on the unit floor when we come to clean the arches inside later.
With a Gtechniq Silver Detail, you get the complimentary engine bay detail.
They are tackled with APC and some detailing brushes.
Then on to the door shuts and other intricate areas.
Then came the tar removing stages, followed by Iron remover then inside to be jacked up and wheels removed while also being clayed and dried.
A Couple of hits required. Wheels were quite severely pitted, but we got a pretty good result after De iron, Detar and removing the old weight glue.
Then it was on to the Silver detail before and after in any particular order.
To show that a Silver is an enhancement level detail. Its goal is not to chase everything out but to add gloss and remove the initial swirling/hazing.
On to my favourite part of a Porsche them lovely rear arches. So lovely to follow with the machine.
Another Area is showing the Level achieved from a Silver.
Then it was on to Gtechniq coatings and dressing items.
Then left to cure at the back of the unit. Excuse the mess its been undergoing a renovation since Christmas. We seem to grow and grow every month and consuming more and more room in the little unit of ours. Plus it helps to show you all its not all crisp, clean display areas etc. Detailing is long hours — limited time and cramped spaces when juggling all the other aspects of the business.
Then the next day, it was final wipe down and brought to the centre of the unit for customer collection.