Phantom Black Audi RS4 Correction
So today’s write up is of a gorgeous Phantom Black Audi RS4. This particular vehicle has had some very subtle mods Milltek exhaust and I believe it’s on its 3rd remap of tweaking. So with the stance and power sorted, all the customer needed was the paint work looking at. So we went for a 2 stage correction detail to remove the swirls and paying particular attention to some of the customers chosen areas.
- Wheels cleaned with AMDetails acid free wheel cleaner & fine hair brushes
- Wheels tar and iron deposits removed
- Wheels faces polished, alloy wheels sealed, tyres dressed
- Lower area of vehicle given citrus wash to break down road grime
- Door shuts and boot shuts cleaned with AMDetails APC and brushes
- Whole vehicle snow foamed with AMFoam to loosen and break down dirt deposits
- All the finer details paid attention to with soft hair brushes & AMDetails APC
- 2 bucket method with AMBubbles & AM Genuine Lamb’s Wool ‘T’ Mitt
- Tar and iron deposits removed
- All paint work and windows clayed to remove further contaminations
- Another application of AMFoam
- Full vehicle rinse paying attention to panel gaps and trims
- Vehicle padded dry with AMDetails Fluffy Drying Towel
- Full paint work assessment carried out with paint depth gauges
- All delicate areas and trims masked up
- Multistage cutting machine polish to remove the defects
- Single stage refining polish to increase depth, gloss and clarity
- Head & tail lights corrected
- IPA wipe down between each stage
- Vehicle washed with AMFoam
- Full vehicle rinse to remove all polishing dust and residue
- Vehicle dried with AMDetails Fluffy Drying Towel
- Final IPA wipe down to prepare panels for protection
- Protection applied to vehicle
- Exterior trims dressed and protected
- Chromes polished and protected
- Windows cleaned inside and out
- Windscreen polished
- Windscreen treated with our water repellent formula
- Exhaust tip polished
- Final inspection carried out
- Detailing spray wipe down in preparation for customer collection
20+ Hours 2-4 day booking
Audi A4 From £500
On arrival the usual Moray road grim due to our 4 seasons in one day weather.
All this was then rinsed down. I think the good old Moray rain must have then come on from that overcast cloud as there is now only Paint work images on the SLR.
The usual De Tarr with Tardis, De iron with Iron X and then clay bared with a AMDetails Mild Clay Bar
The majority of panels were tackled using 1-2 cycles of Scholl S17+ on 3M wool pads. Then after they were refined with S40 on 3M yellow pads. Bumpers and more intricate areas 3M Green 75mm and yellow 75mm pads were used.
Some more 50/50s
Shiny Shiny Milltek
After all the machining it was then outside to clean again.
I do like the De-Badged look its stealth. But once the new badges were put on it really does finish the vehicle.
Getting all the dust out of the nooks and crannies.
Once back inside the whole vehicle was blown dry and the first coat of AM Wheel Wax went on the lovely refurbed alloys.
Then 2 coats of AM Seal – Synthetic Paint Sealant. Then off to bed!
Next day was collection day and the sun actually came out!
So out went the PHOAAAR for some pictures.
My Favourite Shot
Then it was back inside for the usual portfolio shots @ AMDetails
- AM Bubbles
- AM Foam
- AM Glass
- AM Glaze
- AM Seal
- AM Wheel Wax
- AM Wheels
- AMDetails All Purpose Cleaner
- AMDetails Clay Lubricant
- AMDetails Mild Clay Bar
- Autosmart Tardis
- Autosol Metal Polish
- Meguiars Hot Shine Tyre Dressing
- Scholl S17+
- Scholl S3
- Scholl S40
- 3M Masking Tape
- 3M Wool Cutting Pad
- 3M Yellow Polishing Pad
- AMDetails 1” Detailing & Wheel Brush
- AMDetails 40 x 40 Microfibre cloths
- AMDetails Fluffy Drying Towel
- AMDetails Foam Wax Applicator Pads
- AMDetails Tyre Dressing Applicator
- AMDetails Wheel Brush
- Brinkmann Spot Light
- Cotton Buds
- Halogen Spot Lights (Various)
- Milwaukee Rotary Polisher
- Paint Detective – Paint Depth Gauge
- Tooth Picks
Thank you for reading