Hybrid Polo Protection (Dodo Juice)
This was a detail gained off the back of being on the Scottish Modified forum. For anyone who is based in the north of Scotland it is a great forum with regular fun runs all over the Highlands. There have also been many Nuremberg runs. So get your selves signed up.
So this write up is mostly due to the owner of the car in question. As I began taking pictures, but the client stayed with me all day to watch the processes, ask questions and learn a little more about detailing. So as I was doing this the clients camera came out and they snapped some shots along the way so I gave up with picture taking. So what we have is a write up from the clients’ point of view. I will just fill in the blurb for each shot. This does give a good angle on how the customer sees the work as I carry it out.
So the steps taken were:
- Wheels cleaned with AMDetails acid free wheel cleaner & fine hair brushes
- Wheels tar and iron deposits removed
- Wheels faces polished, alloy wheels sealed, tyres dressed
- Lower area of vehicle given citrus wash to break down road grime
- Door shuts and boot shuts cleaned with AMDetails APC and brushes
- Whole vehicle snow foamed with AMFoam to loosen and break down dirt deposits
- All the finer details paid attention to with soft hair brushes & AMDetails APC
- 2 bucket method with AMBubbles & AM Genuine Lamb’s Wool ‘T’ Mitt
- Tar and iron deposits removed
- All paint work and windows clayed to remove further contaminations
- Another application of AMFoam
- Full vehicle rinse paying attention to panel gaps and trims
- Vehicle padded dry with AMDetails Fluffy Drying Towel
- Paintwork cleansed and prepared for protection with Poorboy’s Glaze via Dual Action Polisher
- Black Hole for Dark vehicles / White Diamond for light vehicles
- Protection applied to vehicle
- Exterior trims dressed and protected
- Chromes polished and protected
- Windows cleaned inside and out
- Windscreen treated with our water repellent formula
- Exhaust tip polished
- Final inspection carried out
- Detailing spray wipe down in preparation for customer collection
4-6 Hours 1 day booking
Prices From £150
Dodo Juice Products Selected
Dodo Juice Born to be Mild
Dodo Juice Light Fantastic Wax
Dodo Juice Mellow Yellow
Dodo Juice Need For Speed
So to the action shots.
The polo was given its wash in citrus wash whilst I began to tackle the wheels.
After tackling the wheels, the Citrus wash was rinsed off and the whole vehicle was given a good soaking in AMDetails Mango Snow Foam.
Whilst the foam was working its magic I then went round the vehicle with AMDetails APC and some detailing brushes. Working in the APC to all the areas a wash mitt cannot reach. Then another full vehicle rinse was carried out.
I then moved my attention to the door and boot shuts. The client showed great interest in on the cleaning technique for this area. Also some guidance on good lance control which prevents you from soaking your vehicles upholstery. All tips and techniques will follow in guides we are working on creating.
After this it was on with the two bucket method with some Dodo Juice Born to be Mild.
De-taring stages were next. Not a lot on the body work to be fair. But I remember there being a lot in the door shut area!
Finally the vehicle was snow foamed once again (nice thick helping) to help remove all evidence of chemicals used during the cleaning process and an intense rinse was given paying attention to all gaps, seals and trims to make sure all dirt and grease was removed and rinsed away.
The vehicle was then dried with AMDetails Fluffy drying towel and we began to treat the body work to Dodo Juice Need For Speed via the rotary.
This was then buffed off and followed by Dodo Juice Light Fantastic. Left to cure and again buffed off.
During this process I was treated to lunch and on our return the birds had already left us a present. Luckily it was fresh so a quick detailing spray and a few MF cloths tackled the problem easily.
I then moved to the interior with a quick internal valet and wipe down. As the client had leather seats it was perfect timing to try out the New AMDetails leather cleaner. A few wipes on the seat revealed this 50/50 shot, and a dirty MF cloth.
The whole inside was then dressed.
At this point I was then finished and shot off to quote another potential client.
The owner of the polo then e-mailed me some images the next day after installing all the trim pieces.
- AMDetails All Purpose Cleaner
- AMDetails Interior Cleaner
- AMDetails Leather Cleaner
- Autoglym Fast Glass
- Autosmart Tardis
- Dodo Juice Born to be Mild
- Dodo Juice Light Fantastic Wax
- Dodo Juice Mellow Yellow
- Dodo Juice Need For Speed
- Meguiars Hot Shine Tyre Dressing
- 3M Yellow Polishing Pad
- AMDetails 1” Detailing & Wheel Brush
- AMDetails 40 x 40 Microfibre cloths
- AMDetails Fluffy Drying Towel
- AMDetails Foam Wax Applicator Pads
- AMDetails Tyre Dressing Applicator
- Milwaukee AP12E Rotary Polisher
- Numatic George Extractor
- Vikan Long Reach Arch Brush