Audi A3 TDI Quattro – Protection Details + Engine Bolt On
Following a new purchase and after doing some online research this customer approached us through our Contact Us Section. The Quote was to protect the Audi TDI Quattro from the winter ahead as well as pay attention to the engine bay.
This write up will be a bit different from the rest as the customer requested to be in attendance for the whole detail to learn a little more about detailing and to take some pictures. So this detail really is from the perspective of the customer. We will just add some text to his images.
Bellow is our AMDetails Protection Detail
- Wheels cleaned with AM Wheels – Acid Free Wheel Cleaner, AM Wheels Brush & 1 ” Detailing Brushes
- Wheels tar deposits removed
- Wheels stubborn stains and iron deposits removed with AM Iron
- Wheels faces polished with AM Glaze
- Wheels sealed With AM Wheel Wax
- Tyres dressed
- Lower area of vehicle given a citrus wash with AM APC to break down road grime
- Door shuts and boot shuts cleaned with AM APC and 1 ” Detailing Brushes
- Whole vehicle snow foamed with AM Foam to loosen and break down dirt deposits
- All the finer details paid attention to with 1 ” Detailing Brushes & AM APC
- 2 bucket method with AM Bubbles & AM Genuine Lamb’s Wool ‘T’ Mitt
- Tar deposits removed
- Iron deposits removed with AM Iron
- Whole vehicle snow foamed and rinsed using AM Foam
- All paint work and windows Clayed to remove bonded contaminants
- Another application of AM Foam
- Full vehicle rinse paying attention to panel gaps and trims
- All surfaces dried with vehicle drier and padded dry with AMDetails Fluffy Drying Towel
- Paintwork cleansed and prepared for protection with AM Glaze via Dual Action Polisher
- Protection applied to vehicle (2 x AM Seal 30 minutes between each coat.)
- Exterior trims dressed and protected
- Chromes polished and protected
- Windows cleaned inside and out with AM Glass
- Windscreen treated to repellent formula
- Exhaust tip polished
- Final inspection carried out
- Detailing spray wipe down in preparation for customer collection
4-6 Hours 1 day booking
Prices From £150
On to the matt
First up was the engine bay. Cleaned using AMDetails APC and agitated with 1″ detailing brush.
Due to the time of year the front was also covered in bugs. so again on with AMDetails APC and left to do its magic.
Then Rinse to remove them . Completely contact-less wash.
Then on to the Wheels with AMDetails wheel cleaner.
After the wheels we then move on to snowfoaming the whole vehicle. Whilst the foam was working we paid attention to the door shuts and areas a wash mitt can’t reach.
Then on to Tar and Iron removal on the whole vehicle.
After the whole decontamination stage we then put a good coat of foam on the vehicle to make sure all the chemicals are gone. followed by a rinse paying attention to all the panel gaps and grills. I like this alot the customer shot the pictures in a fast fashion showing how we apply the foam in straight lines for easy of application and to save on product use.
Then the vehicle was ready to come inside to be dried.
Dress of the engine bay.
Then on to the interior with a leather clean and carpets cleaned.
Then the paint work was cleaned up using AMGlaze via the DA polisher
Then on with the protection and finishing touches. Which left us with the finishing shots.
Then some beading shots.
- AM Bubbles
- AM Foam
- AM Glass (Testing)
- AM Glaze
- AM Rain Repellent
- AM Seal
- AM Tar (Testing)
- AM Wax
- AM Wheel Wax
- AM Wheels
- AMDetails All Purpose Cleaner
- AMDetails Clay Lubricant
- AMDetails Mild Clay Bar
- Autosol Metal Polish
- Meguiars Hot Shine Tyre Dressing
- AMDetails 1” Detailing & Wheel Brush
- AMDetails 40 x 40 Microfibre cloths
- AMDetails Fluffy Drying Towel
- AMDetails Foam Wax Applicator Pads
- AMDetails Tyre Dressing Applicator
- AMDetails Wheel Brush
- Brinkmann Spot Light
- Cotton Buds
- Halogen Spot Lights (Various)
- Heated Air Blower
- Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher
- Tooth Picks
Thank you for reading