Aston Martin V8 Vantage Correction
This lovely Aston Martin V8 Vantage came to us through a local business man who had recently purchased it knowing the poor condition of the paint. We were then set the task of improving the appearance of the vehicle and to use it as a demonstration of what can be achieved as they had other vehicles which may require the same treatment. So the date was set and early one gloomy moray morning the v8 rumbled in to AMDetails HQ.
AMDetails Correction Detail
- Wheels cleaned with AMDetails acid free wheel cleaner & fine hair brushes
- Wheels tar and iron deposits removed
- Wheels faces polished With AM Glaze, alloy wheels sealed With AM Wheel Wax, tyres dressed
- Lower area of vehicle given citrus wash to break down road grime
- Door shuts and boot shuts cleaned with AMDetails APC and 1 ” Detailing Brushes
- Whole vehicle snow foamed with AM Foam to loosen and break down dirt deposits
- All the finer details paid attention to with 1 ” Detailing Brushes & AMDetails APC
- 2 bucket method with AM Bubbles & AM Genuine Lamb’s Wool ‘T’ Mitt
- Tar and iron deposits removed
- All paint work and windows clayed to remove further contaminations
- Another application of AM Foam
- Full vehicle rinse paying attention to panel gaps and trims
- Vehicle padded dry with AMDetails Fluffy Drying Towel
- Full paint work assessment carried out with paint depth gauges
- All delicate areas and trims masked up
- Multistage cutting machine polish to remove the defects
- Single stage refining polish to increase depth, gloss and clarity
- Head & tail lights corrected
- IPA wipe down between each stage
- Vehicle washed with AM Foam
- Full vehicle rinse to remove all polishing dust and residue
- Vehicle dried with vehicle drier and Fluffy Drying Towel
- Final IPA wipe down to prepare panels for protection
- Protection applied to vehicle (2 x AM Seal, 1 x AM Wax as standard)
- Exterior trims dressed and protected
- Chromes polished and protected
- Windows cleaned inside and out with AM Glass
- Windscreen polished
- Windscreen treated with our water repellent formula
- Exhaust tip polished
- Final inspection carried out
- Detailing spray wipe down in preparation for customer collection
26+ Hours 3-4 day booking
Vantage From £480
So on to the Matt.
Usual grave yard for this time of year!
General road grime and brake dust. Nothing to untoward.
A lot of grime in the window sills and seals. There is even damage to the glass from previous harsh attempts to remove this green residue. Why do people think rub hard and it will be removed? It’s all about Product selection. We removed this easily with some AMDetails Citrus APC and a soft haired detailing brush.
Fuel cap also shows some signs that this vehicle has been sat for a while….
Engine bay was not that grubby. all that was required was a good soaking in AMDetails APC and a quick going over with a 1 ” Detailing Brush
The wheels were first cleaned with AMDetails acid free wheel cleaner & fine hair brushes, Then the Tar and Iron deposits were removed leaving the wheels as clean as possible without going in to a wheels of detail.
Then it was on to the vehicle cleaning. First a good coating of AM Foam.
We then decontaminated the body work. Tar and Iron deposits removed chemically and then on to claying with an AMDetails Soft Clay Bar
After all the decontamination stages we then did one final snow foam and rinse cycle to make sure all the chemical residue was removed.
Then the Aston was brought inside. Blown dry and then taped up ready for machining. Next up are a series of 50/50s and Before / Afters.
Some shots showing the difference with the natural light from the roof. Amazing to think how ‘Grey’ The defects had made the paint.
One of the really bad areas was the boot. but after a good few cycles we finally reached a level we were happy with.
On the passenger’s side we started to find some horrific pigtail style defects. Bit difficult to picture but I hope you get the idea.
Some more random 50/50’s
AM Wax curing shot.
Then we finished all the finer details. to be left with this for customer collection.
- AM Bubbles
- AM Foam
- AM Glass (testing)
- AM Glaze
- AM Seal
- AM Tar (Testing)
- AM Wax
- AM Wheel Wax
- AM Wheels
- AMDetails All Purpose Cleaner
- AMDetails Clay Lubricant
- AMDetails Mild Clay Bar
- Autosol Metal Polish
- Meguiars Hot Shine Tyre Dressing
- Scholl S17+
- Scholl S40
- 3M Masking Tape
- AMDetails 1” Detailing & Wheel Brush
- AMDetails 40 x 40 Microfibre cloths
- AMDetails Fluffy Drying Towel
- AMDetails Foam Wax Applicator Pads
- AMDetails Tyre Dressing Applicator
- AMDetails Wheel Brush
- Brinkmann Spot Light
- Cotton Buds
- Halogen Spot Lights (Various)
- Lake County Constant Pressure Pads (Green)
- Lake County Constant Pressure Pads (Orange)
- Milwaukee Rotary Polisher
- Paint Detective – Paint Depth Gauge
- Tooth Picks
Thank you for reading